View Single Post
Old 7 Jan 2014, 16:40 (Ref:3351279)   #73
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
I shan't be bothering with Sky this year and am cancelling. As much as I detest highlights, financial times are now hard for me and I can't justify the telly at the moment, let alone the expensive F1 charge.

I think pay-per-view/ subscription only is the wrong way to go and have thought that all along, even when subscribing for the last two seasons. Last year, I was busy enough with my own company to have much time to enjoy the F1 channel and it's vastly underused anyay (the day left trailing the channel and too many repetitions of the 'Legends' programme).

Sky haven't enhanced F1 like they said they would IMO either.
I don't subscribe to Sky Sports at all, as I dislike Murdoch's monopoly of sports broadcasting in general and therefore refuse to help finance it; rant over. That aside, I agree, I don't think it has enhanced F1. The times I have watched a Sky broadcast of a GP, I've never thought it was exceptional in comparison to the BBC, or indeed better and as for the Sky Pad, I think it's rather gimmicky a bit like some aspects of F1.