Thread: GPL in 2023
View Single Post
Old 10 Jul 2023, 07:47 (Ref:4167692)   #13
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I confess I've not tried it on my current Win11 computer. But it ran fine on 10.
Well, I finally got my wheel and pedals out again and set up GPL from the all in one installer. I have Win11 and it works absolutely fine. No tinkering at all. Wheel and pedals feel even better than before. I ran half a dozen laps at Monza last evening and got down to a reasonable low 1:29's (I've done 27's - albeit 6 years ago and my PB was set an astonishing 20 years ago!) but did a few laps this morning and couldn't get below a 31. Then I realised I had it on the default GP setting with a full fuel load. I wondered why I had to brake so early into the Parabolica!

By the way, GPLRank is down. But it is hoped to resurrect it. There is a new forum which is also trying to carry on after SRMZ died.

http://gplaltern.gplracer.eu/index.php

My aim is to have a serious go at the Nurburgring again. Although I'm negative there in all the cars my times are poor and my -35 GPL Rank suffers as a result. I still have my GPL Ranks copied from when it was up and there is also this which helps -

http://gplaltern.gplracer.eu/showthr...d=2549#pid2549

I'm not planning on doing any online racing though.