Thread: 2023 Rallying
View Single Post
Old 17 Feb 2023, 10:26 (Ref:4143996)   #44
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArnageWRC View Post
I think the issue was it's only the second round of the championship - and they're already implementing teams orders. It's not a good look.

One can understand it in the second half of the season when the championship is on the line.
It makes sense though in so much as Breen isn't doing a full season, so there's no way he'll be in the championship fight anyway.

Quote:
....though I recall last year when they didn't swap Tanak/Neuville when Ott still had an outside chance of the title.
I assume Neuville has something in his contract that says he's the number 1 driver? Maybe also part of the reason Tanak left the team - if he knew that Neuville would always be favoured he decided he'd be better off elsewhere.

Quote:
The irony is Neuville made a mistake, and it didn't matter - and tells you why he can't win a WRC title.....
Agreed, Neuville is undeniably quick but he's also error prone, he drops too many points through mistakes on his part. On weekends where the Hyundai looks to be the best car he needs to be making the most of the points on offer (especially when the team are trying to hand them to him on a plate).