View Single Post
Old 9 Oct 2005, 03:28 (Ref:1427771)   #4
kingfloopy
Veteran

United States
Iowa, USA
kingfloopy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think these changes are a move in the right direction. The changes will make the cars safer and should eventually help reduce costs by developing a universal body shell. Their will be some initial expense to build the new cars, but the plan seems to be to gradually phase the new cars during 2007 and possibly starting as soon as Talledega next fall. As for using the old cars for new series, I'm not sure how well this will work. NASCAR has some involvement with the CASCAR series in Canada, so it would not be a stretch to see them phase in old Busch cars. They also already have the West series in the United States also and this series is already using old Busch chassis so it would continue as normal. The series based in Mexico and England would be all new however and would have to compete with existing series and have to attract the sponsors required to support a full field in the series. I think England will be a hard sell as Europe is more dedicated to other forms besides stock cars. Maybe they could stick Vauxhall noses on Chevys and sell the series as a new form of touring cars?

J.D.