View Single Post
Old 21 Dec 2013, 19:51 (Ref:3346728)   #84
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
If you look at it that way we'd have to wait until the first practice session goes green to see who is technically "committed" to the FIA WEC. It's really quite a silly way to look at it --- nothing would ever be "confirmed" until the first practice session at an event.
Official announcement (press release) and giving the exact year when it is going to happen a la Porsche would be a pretty good confirmation. Certainly not the same thing as vaguely mentioning "possible future P1 program" in interviews or in press releases about another car (DW/ZEOD). Ambition to do something in P1, that is common knowledge.

Quote:
I completely agree... it's team centric, and long live it. But so is football, American football, baseball, cricket, basketball, and look how popular they've gotten. Just because a sport or series is "team centric" doesn't mean it can't become popular.
Do these sports have singles matches? Just saying that ball game team sports are different on many levels, starting from the fact that they are usually geographicallly connected to a city, so I wouldn't compare* and they are still more about the few individuals (star players) and the input of a single player is in a certain way more visible.

* ehm... I actually did compare Ferrari & football, but I only meant in the way tifosi fan context... and that is mostly a geographical thing.

Last edited by deggis; 21 Dec 2013 at 19:58.