View Single Post
Old 18 Mar 2020, 11:39 (Ref:3965216)   #5
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Some of the setup data which I have seen would seem to tally with that.

For example, a lot of the supertourers ran about -5 camber, some ran -6 (Mondeo - Prodive), however some didnt run that extreme camber at all, some ran only about -3.5 at the rear (the Volvo S40), but ran a softer spring, equal to the front end. Virtually all cars ran less front camber. The one thing that is common across most cars is that they ran softer front springs than the rear. I think the Nissan's ran about 100nm at the front and about 160nm at the rear.

The Nissans ran about -4 front, -5 rear. Volvo -3.5 front, -3.5 rear. Hondas -4 front, -5.5 rear. I was never really sure why they ran so much rear camber, I thought initially it was to get rear temps up, but I am not that sure to be honest.

The ARBs I am unsure as often on the setup sheet they just state if its stiff or soft or have a colour code, so there isn't a figure to quote on those, but the Vectra data I saw did have a number and it was 103-370Nm/DEG front, 80-843 Nm/DEG rear, so I think the rear ARB was quite a bit stiffer than the front.

Last edited by Sodemo; 18 Mar 2020 at 11:45.