View Single Post
Old 12 May 2017, 11:23 (Ref:3732972)   #255
Speedblood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Home counties or a racetrack.
Speedblood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSpeedblood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Certainly tough times for the Toyota rookies. Not ideal ahead of the big one.

I remember Conway struggling quite a lot in his first few races. But it hit me during Spa. Is he now the best Toyota driver across the 6 full season seats?

Would be interested to know how people ranked them up. I didn't really pay sufficient attention at the back end of last year to make a call.
Personally I think Conway came of age at Le Mans last year where he took the lead in the opening stint and pulled away in tricky conditions.

Ranking all the Toyota drivers is a bit tricky. If you looked at the past couple of years you would say Buemi was probably all around the quickest and most decisive in traffic etc but I think Conway and Kobayashi are starting to remove that mantle from him. Certainly hearing a lot more flustered radio chat from Buemi than before.

Davidson I think is still plenty quick but has matured into more a team leader/senior drive role.

Nakajima I'm unsure of, hasn't looked quite the same in TS050 as the TS040 but might just be my observation.

Too early to say on Lopez, same with Kunimoto. Don't doubt both are more than capable race drivers. Good solid runs at Le Mans should give a much clearer idea of how they stack up.

Not surprised Sarrazin stepped down/moved/forced into the 3rd car as his pace definitely seemed to be lacking compared to the others. Bar occasions like Mexico when it started drizzling and he seemed to be very much in the groove.

Lappiere definitely still has speed but I still can't help but feel he's too erratic. The lock up at T1 at Spa nearly confirmed that. Hopefully he's got that out of the way before Le Mans.