Thread: LM24 Radio Le Mans 2011
View Single Post
Old 13 Jun 2011, 00:06 (Ref:2897658)   #55
AGD
Veteran

AGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by arakis View Post
I must admit that RLM did an excelent job on the lead battele, but both they and eurosport totaly neglected the gte pro battle that was just as hard fought and interesting with 3 makes and 5 cars leading for long periods. they just did updates. witch is poor considering that they are always telling everyone how excelent the class is, they should give it way more air time, of course it cant be on the same lvl as LMP1 air time. but at least a 2-1 ratio would be nice. BTW eurosport was plain redicilus, I dont think I saw one gte battle on the tlv, actualy thay did show a few but just when there is a move to pass , they shift to peugeut onboard down the straight, I mean its great to hear those LMP1s but there are far more interesting thinkgs happening on the track than a lonely peugeut driving in a straight line.
I could not even watch the Speed broadcast, it was unbearable. I switched to Eurosport. It was better (at least they had Hindy for a while), but still far from perfect. The problem is the ES commentators just did not pay attention. The battle for the GTE-Am lead was hot and heavy for a while between the Neiman car and the Larbre Corvette and the TV director was covering it, but I guess the ES people thought they were the Felbermayr and factory Corvette pro cars out on the track together because they never commented on it. A few minutes later, one of the commentators came on surprised as said something along the lines of "Wow, the Am battle is close!" Duh?

Same for the Pro battle. They interviewed Fisi and he discussed the engine problems. The commentators then sounded surprised when the Corvette took a big chunk out the lead just minutes later.

As for the TV directors, why do they insist on showing pictures of Ullrich and Quesnel seemingly every 5 seconds? It's almost as bad as ABC's Indycar coverage in the 80's when they insisted on showing video of the driver's wives every few seconds.