View Single Post
Old 30 Mar 2004, 00:31 (Ref:923477)   #4
jjspierx
Veteran

United States
Oregon, USA
jjspierx should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjjspierx should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by sgw2
Junqueira or even more likely Bourdais. I see NHR on top.

Just like last year, when I picked Tracy, I am basing it upon team budgets and resources. FCR has less budget, but expanded to three cars with Lavin getting the extra resources (he brings money). So PT's chances are much diminished. On the other hand NHR has not stretched, nor do they need to trim the budget.

Could AJA win a race? Sure, the talent is a bit thinner, but his team is unporven. Its unlikely they'll match Rocketsports performance. Jourdain's slim title chances went away with Rahal's defection. RHR has upgraded his ride, but not enough to consistently challenge for the title. PKVR is not a threat, nor is Conquest or DCR. Tagliani has a shot at being the best finishing Canadian - no trauma on the team and he has the focus of Rocketsports.
Why couldn't Rusport match Rocketsports performance? They have plenty of money, and no offense to Tags, but he's not the driver that AJ is. Tags has more experience in Champcars and he knows all the tracks, but AJ will come up to speed very quickly. I have little doubt that AJ could out perform Rocketsports last year.