View Single Post
Old 13 Aug 2005, 08:59 (Ref:1381224)   #5
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzle
A new viewing mound has been provided on the inside of ‘The Chase’, a prime position on the fastest and most spectacular section of the track where speeds in excess of 300 km/h are not uncommon.
Without doubt, for me, this is the very best place to see these cars on the Mountain.

To watch a committed driver at 290 km/h go thru the right hander after junking left to get a better approach, then the cars go back to a relative snails pace as they go left then right again... it separates the good'ns from everyone else....

You can see braking, car control, sheer grunt, handling... loads of difference between the cars.

The 24hr was amazing from there, to see the Ferrari and Lambo thru the night, discs aglow.... ah those were the days

By putting a mound where the CAT hospitality tent was last year (which I presume is what is happening) will likely stuff the viewing position for us mere mortals.... I just hope whoever rents that facility appreciates the spectacle they can see from there!!!
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods