View Single Post
Old 5 Jan 2012, 18:46 (Ref:3007798)   #31
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
James - Have you been affected by Ayse's belief that anyone who drinks in Le Mans is a barbaric infidel?

Oh no, you misunderstand me Mal, James and I are happy to have the odd drink - it's de rigeur - but what bugs me (reasonably or not) is the concept that imbibing vast quantities of beer is necessary to have a great time at Le Mans - it isn't - IMO. But I've no problem with those who like the approach - as long as they behave reasonably well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Depends how far away from the subject you are I suppose , but 300mm is a bit OTT. I am after the 100-400mm canon, but it is one many things on the list so may stick with the cheapo 75-300mm for this year.
You need to remember as well that on a digital SLR, a 100-400 lens is substantially longer! I've got myself a new lens too, modest, just the 55-250 but with IS for the first time. Last year my 100-300 developed a fault and constantly failed if I zoomed over 150mm. Frustrating at the time, but actually, perfectly adequate.