View Single Post
Old 18 Mar 2023, 12:42 (Ref:4147699)   #106
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I think most people would have predicted a Toyota 1-2 but in terms of in-race battles for the top positions it obviously fell a bit short. And the manner of victory was very comfortable for Toyota. I'm sure they had plenty in reserve and they finished two laps ahead.

With so many new teams vs a decade-long well oiled machine it's quite hard to judge. But I'm guessing we'll see a LMDh group adjustment prior to Spa. Then who knows what else...

I'm also not clear on how the Porsches, without major issues from what I could see, managed to finish two laps back on the leading Ferrari/Cadi. Their pace was in the Peugeot range in the hands of quite a few drivers so of all the teams, they were probably the most underwhelming for me vs expectations.

Peugeot are drifting into Nissan territory and I know I'm not the only one fearing they've built a dud.

All in all I think it was on a par with many WEC races. Glimpses of great moments, very watchable if you're a hardcore fan. I'm not sure it would have converted any casuals who tuned in for the first time. But I'm very optimistic for the future.