View Single Post
Old 28 Sep 2020, 20:04 (Ref:4007253)   #7818
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
what about the scenario, that Jelley is recruited by WSR to drive the 3rd 3 series as rear gunner ?

driver is regular and it would be just car change from the old 125 to the new 3 series

would this scheme work with no ballast ?
You seem to be reaching now, but I'll entertain it.

The scenario you propose would require Parker Racing to run the 3rd WSR 3-series effectively on loan to them. Jelley's sponsors would still look to have their name on the car, and it would be nigh-on impossible to disguise Jelley's actions as being in support of WSR.
For a team to change cars during a season, the Administrator has to agree, and I'm pretty certain they'd see through an attempt by WSR to get around the ballast regulations at the first hurdle.

And would it really be worth all of that effort from WSR to avoid carrying 45kg for one race, when the car carries weight well anyway?