View Single Post
Old 18 Sep 2006, 06:25 (Ref:1712632)   #45
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
I'd say first up that it wasn't the gist of malc's editorial

It is however important to realise the part that Le mans holds in supporting the wider health of sportscar racing and yes, in that regard, there is some 'duty of care' on the ACO to support efforts that will take the whole scene forward rather than back.

My view on this narrow point is that I'd much rather see an entry from a team with real intent to go forward in the sport (Creation, LNT, Zytek, Rollcentre, being supported than a 'wildcard' heart before head entry along the lines of Durango, Norma etc

The issue isn't that the job that's been done lately has been unbelievably awful - It hasn't, but rather that any system needs a close look from time to time, if only to prevent some of the real howlers.

In this regard a degree of structure is a good thing - and there is some structure, i think malc is arguing, and I agree with him, that more structrure still in the LM selection would be a massive boost to stability in the wider sportscar arena.