View Single Post
Old 27 Feb 2008, 17:02 (Ref:2139397)   #40
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
last years race was my first and it was absolutely amazing, the atmosphere although the silenced cars did take some of the atmosphere away but im sure one of the pescarolo's silencers came off in the night because it was ridiculously loud compared to all the other cars.

my fond memory was me and my mate not being able to get a rental car, particularly when the crummy 4 year old renault megane broke after about 10 metres , this forced us to either walk, taxi or bike everything, oh well we came back from lemans fitter than we went there

my favorite lemans memory was stumbling through the forest to get to the mulsanne straight when i was incredibly drunk, i got so many cuts and bruises from that and falling asleep in a ditch behind the barrier before the porsche curves, i was woken up by some bloke's dog, then came the rain and i got soaked as did the other 200,000 or so people.

if you havent been to LM go there, if you havent been to the petit lemans go there before you die, imo petit was a slight bit better than LM in some ways but lemans was a lot better in other ways than petit, dawn for example is unbelieveable, hearing a judd engined lola and pescarolo wailing towards you at 200mph and flashing past is something insipring.

this year though might not happen for me, A2 exams will probably stop me from going, but ill go to spa 1000km instead, and if i go this year, watch out for a peugeot 106 which im going to plaster in creation autosportif stickers or maybe pescarolo stickers