View Single Post
Old 26 Nov 2003, 17:06 (Ref:795245)   #23
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by tlracing

I don't want to bang on about this but please, look at the facts - cameras may address one small aspect of road safety, but they don't do anything to target the real culprit.

I agree - 100%.

Every day, I see great piles of summonses issued against people who have driven too fast through a camera controlled section of road. To get to work in the morning, I go through a stretch of road no more than 12 miles, in which there are 3 cameras, all of which are sited on open roads (1 in a 40, 2 on dual carriage-way 50). To get home again, I go through 3 cameras, all on 50 dual-carriageway. None of these cameras is in any kind of accident black spot. And none of them are in areas where there is any more than minimal pedestrian activity, or housing, come to that. Its situations like this which give me my jaundiced view about speed cameras. (An attitude which I don't have for cameras situaed at traffic lighrs (yes, I have those on my journey as well... )