View Single Post
Old 29 Nov 2004, 21:38 (Ref:1167440)   #12
R59
Veteran

Heard and McDonald Islands
Bedfordshire
R59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes, we would, and I'm sure with that sort of pot - a prize fund could be created?

If we could get enough people/cars interested, the issue is who's umbrella to run under, and where.

One idea, a silly one, is to run as a support to Days Of Thunder at The Rock. We'd be the right sort of cars, but maybe, just maybe, too awesome for them!!

The other is to run a headline, two day meeting, where it's two races for the Thundersaloons - one on Saturday, one on Sunday - both of 30laps or more, with two drivers, just like the old days.

I shall keep dreaming of the day...

Peter is most likely to be right. The cars that count are either all mothballed away as almost museum pieces, or have been sold off, stripped, modified, and now are running as anything but their original form.

Certain cars still exist as they were, Stars N Stripes, the Carlton, to name but a few, but I think it's extremely unlikely that you'll see either of those out, unless the circumstances are exceptional.

Maybe an exhibition race could tempt them out?

Rob.