View Single Post
Old 6 Dec 2005, 10:23 (Ref:1478120)   #14
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapper Baz
I agree with SS' on this-Britcar (Production S1 actually) has a nice series which see's many of these types of car in which the competitors seem happy with and what with some much needed rules changes due for 06' in this class I'm sure this will be good news to those who thought they were being outdone so I wonder where the drivers might come from for this "new" class? I doubt if any "new" drivers would want to join a new series and have to pay the high entree fee's to do so instead of running in smaller clubie meetings (ie SEMSEC) at present possibly?? Another waste of time I say!
You're missing the point here. What is being proposed is a national production car championship running races solely for production cars, not just as a class in a dull, boring endurance 'race' or as a local championship.

I'd expect this to attract a lot of the manufacturers currently not running in TOCA (Ford, Alfa, Renault, Nissan, Volvo, etc., etc......the list is endless!); costs would be much lower & the cars more identifiable as something the punter can actually.

Let's just hope the people organising it can impose a higher level of driving standards than we see in TOCA......