View Single Post
Old 27 Apr 2002, 07:14 (Ref:271889)   #7
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
I'm agree with you indeed, Paul and Muzza, but the problem is there's not so much good candidates in the frontrunner' list that had the ACO, and even when there qualified, they withdraw !

I love to see wide battles between frontrunners, but the charm of Le Mans is to see equilibrated categories... for me, I'd love to have lots of different cars in GT categories (pity that the Callaway was not qualified, for exemple...).

And I bet on LMP 675 for the future : if the new rules keep them and allow them to have really competitive cars (as MG).

The MG's are really the most surprising... surprise we had for a long time... it's a real different approach of this race...

Pescarolo said last week hat it was more and more difficult to maintain the presence at Le Mans : to exepensive for just one race, and a junk championship interresting nobody (I mean nobody of the wide public and TV, the question is not to interrest the fans : they are already interrested...).

He was scared for the future : a real risk again to go back to 92', if ACO doesn't manage the whole thing (LM and the championship...). And Ferrari try to spoil the stuff, in having only one kind of engine ( a 3.5 atmo), as in 92'... really, it's not done, pales !

Last edited by Fab; 27 Apr 2002 at 07:14.