View Single Post
Old 13 Jun 2022, 12:09 (Ref:4115339)   #87
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
IMO the BoP was pants.

A fair BoP (as in Balance Of Performance) should give all cars the same chance at success.
Regardless if they are a big constructor (Toyota), a small constructor (Glickenhaus) or an old grandfathered car (Alpine)
I *do* include Alpine. It races under the same regulations as the other 2. If it shouldn't be allowed to win, then just exclude it and don't let it compete at all.
Maybe that would have been the better option but since it is there, the same chance at success should apply.

In reality, the goal of the BoP seemed to be: Toyota-Toyota-Glickenhaus-Glickenhaus-Alpine.

Which is what we got, but not what BoP means (IMO)

The same applies to GTE Pro. If BoP is fair, the outcome of the race should be unpredictable, and every single manufacturer should have the same chance at success.
Things like "Corvette surely seems like the favorite" (see pre-race analysis) should never even be on anyone's mind.

Barring accidents and mechanical mishaps, I'm convinced the order would have been Corvette-Corvette-Porsche-Porsche-Ferrari-Ferrari.

Contrary to the Hyperclass, I'm not sure this was intended.
If it was, the question is: why?
If it was't, then I say they did a bad job at BoP-ing.