View Single Post
Old 13 Jun 2022, 12:40 (Ref:4115347)   #88
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Absolutely agree, the "BOP" isn't a "balance" at all, its a stacked deck in favour of Toyota. I don't think any race fans necessarily want an indie to start with a performance advantage over a factory team, but Glick and Alpine need to be in with something approaching a fair shot, whether you look at fuel tank sizes, chassis weight, engine performance etc, I guess those are the obvious performance factors that are reasonably easily adjusted. Personally I would increase the weight of LMH cars by 150kg, reduce the weight of non-hybrid LMH by 50kg and offer them a 12 Litre larger fuel cell.

After typing that I remember I thought some time ago I was complaining because the LMH cars were barely quicker than LMP2 cars, so adding 150kg of weight probably is not going to help and would just make them more lumbering and clumsy in slower speed corners. I don't know to be honest, maybe offer non-hybrid cars an increased turbo boost?