View Single Post
Old 16 Dec 2003, 22:31 (Ref:813536)   #164
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Looks very exciting for European Racing....

and a GREAT time for anyone looking to run ALMS to mount an LMP1 effort...

and there are cost-effective ways to do it...as noted in my "Shoestring" thread...

Why???

Champion Audi
Two Dyson MG-Lolas
Two Intersport Cars (Lola B160/Judd & the R&S)

Possible runner for the AmeriSuites R&S???
-Still no work on this one....I assume it sold for that great
price...

That's five prototypes for sure and possibly a sixth....

Now if I'm looking for my best options (other than Petit Le Mans class win) at an automatic bid to Le Mans for Season results....

I'd take my chances on THIS side of the pond!!!!!

One-Third of that list consists of grenades on wheels...and they aren't the R&S cars, the Audi, or the Intersport Lola....

If Intersport's racing luck continues like it did for most of last year, they may be doing a lot of bodywork again....(hope not...I like that team!!!)

That gives my ALMS LMP1 entry a decent shot at competing for one of those automatic bids....

Sure beats butting heads with double the Audis, RFH, Pescarolo, the two Dallaras, etc., etc., etc...that everyone has listed above in a very full and competitive LMP1 category over there in Europe...

I'd like my odds a lot better over here.....and I wouldn't have to drag my car across the Atlantic to compete at Sebring to get a look for a possible LM invite, nor do that hauling in the fall for Petit...

From that perspective, ALMS looks like a really sweet deal to me...

After all...everything is a matter of perspective...

One American Open Wheel Series!