View Single Post
Old 4 Jul 2002, 16:26 (Ref:327172)   #23
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
He has got to get out of Sauber. They will NEVER be a race winning team as long as they are Ferrari's customers.

Heidfeld is clearly fast-he's been a great qualifier in a car that is very good, but not front-line. He is technically very strong-a good tester and he has that crucial German connection.

I see two possible scenarios. Though I like DC immensely, and I would like to see him remain at McLaren, his time may be up, and a move to TOYOTA alongside Salo might make sense.
Wurz is said to be actively seeking a race seat for 2003. If both DC and Wurz were to move on, then Nick might fill the void at McLaren very nicely. Then McLaren puts Frentzen in the Test seat-it has a nice symmetry.

The second option sees Heidfeld at the Koln based TOYOTA on a long-term contract. Yes, as JYS says, the second season is tough, but next year continiues as a learning season and 2004 is the big assault for the Toyota team.