View Single Post
Old 30 Nov 2022, 09:08 (Ref:4135528)   #160
Taxi645
Veteran

Netherlands
Taxi645 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTaxi645 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by P38 in workshop View Post
As much as I would like the cars to be smaller and lighter,I fear it would be an exercise in creating much more complicated structures from ever more exotic materials.
Well, F1 is targeting a reduction in the wheelbase to 3.300mm form the current 3.600mm. So for now the target still seem to be smaller and lighter cars.

Below is a bit of a poor attempt to show the effect of tyre diameter on how "wide" a tyre and car looks.

Above is the current F1 car at 2.000m wide and 405mm width tyres. Below is a Super Formula car at 1.900mm wide and only 360mm wide tyres.

See how the huge tyre diameter of the F1 car changes the proportions of the car? To me the Super Formula car has a lower wider feel because of the smaller diameter tires, even though the car as a whole and the tyres itself are more narrow.
Constructive discussion: A conversion where participants are maximally open to yet critical of each others (and their own) arguments, with the intend of enhancing the knowledge, understanding and/or handling of it's subject.