View Single Post
Old 16 Jun 2023, 15:06 (Ref:4164009)   #168
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Russell makes a good point though...the increasing size, weight, strength of the cars can make the them potentially more dangerous/less safe all be it he is unsure where that tipping point is.

but in the other article, Max also makes a good point basically saying, because of safety and batteries, good luck finding the areas where weight can be reduced.

i suppose it would have to be done incrementally, 10-15 kilos a year and then hopefully in 20 odd years the cars can get back to where they were 20 odd years ago?

but thats a long time to wait...a wild predication here (pulled more from sci-fi really) but in 20 years time, are we more likely than not to see cars on track being piloted remotely which would have the knock on effect of eliminating the need for weight and size added for safety reasons?