View Single Post
Old 20 Mar 2005, 19:44 (Ref:1257251)   #47
Roninho
Racer

Roninho should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BootsOntheSide
We really don't know what the IRL would bring to Long Beach. A more secure contract, perhaps. As for the racing, let's see if the IRL has a good race at St. Pete's before drawing any conclusions.
I guess Toyota&Honda will probably spend a bit more money on tickets&promo compared to Ford. Toyota wouldn't mind having their own cars in the race they sponsor. At this moment there are also more teamsponsors in IRL, which could lead to more hospitality-sales. Also the names of Andretti, Rahal, Penkse as well as being connected to Indy isn't a bad benefit.

As for CC, i guess the tradition is a benefit. Also they have cars made for road/streetcourses, which could result in better races compared to IRL. The fact that the race is on NBC could be a benefit as well (results in a higher event sponsorship).

Imo it will come down to which series the people of LB have the most faith in, in terms of long term stability and potential of (some level of) succes. If i had to make the decision at this moment, the IRL seems to be the better choice, but things can change rapidly.