View Single Post
Old 27 Sep 2018, 18:24 (Ref:3853019)   #15
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Another advantage of the fuel cell is that you can use electric motors and the inherent advantages of those (torque, drivetrain). Managed properly you can also extract the power from the fuel in the most efficient way. Whereas a combustion engine rarely runs at its most efficient point.

When you are making a race car the designers ask themselves if they want a louder noise of a faster car. Actually they don’t even ask because they inherently go for the latter.

I love the noise, but I only love it when it is an unintended consequence of the production of power. My road car has an exhaust setting. It makes no difference to the performance of the car, but just makes the exhaust louder and poppy and bangy. It’s stupid. I don’t appreciate that noise.

On the hobby car I fitted a different exhaust. Gets me a few horses. It also makes it louder. The unintended consequence is excellent here. I appreciate it.

I hope I am getting my point across. The noise appeals, but don’t set the regulations for the benefit of the noise. That’s backwards.