View Single Post
Old 21 Jun 2019, 19:59 (Ref:3913382)   #11
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
IMSA LMP2s are 10kg heavier and have a smaller fuel allocation then ACO LMP2. DPi will be easily as fast as ACO LMP2.

ACO LMP2: spec dunlop, 930kg, 9000-9200rpm gibson 600hp and about 560Nm as torque peak, sprint and le mans homologated bodywork and gear ratios.

IMSA DPi: spec michelin, 910-960kg according to bop, 2019 DPi have a bit more power, so about 620hp and different torque levels (guess mazda is in the range of 520Nm for most of the range; acura, cadillac and nissan should be >600Nm for most of rpm range). Aero settings according to bop, but basically it doesn't exist a full low drag aero bodywork.

If we take 3.25 as ACO lmp2 benchmark,

guess DPi has more mid-range power and cadillac, acura and nissan have much more torque in low-mid range. Guess DPi michelin too are better than dunlop even if michelin lacks of a soft compound if memory helps me.

In a LM virtual lap, I expect a 930kg DPi a couple of km/h slower than oreca and dallara on straight (ligier lmp2 always had worse top speeds, except riley lmp2... but you know....) but considerably faster exiting long straight chicanes, mulsanne corner, arnage and ford chicanes.

DPi should be slightly faster on porsche sector because of their less low drag design that should produce more downforce than lmp2 in LM bodywork.

No doubts for me the fastest DPi could run 2 seconds faster than ACO lmp2.