View Single Post
Old 11 May 2022, 18:04 (Ref:4109681)   #11
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
I think we'll see clashes for the foreseeable unfortunately. That F1 calendar is so punchy.

I'd say you're correct in pointing out the likes of Ferrari and Porsche (incoming F1 presence) lobbying Liberty is probably going to be way more effective than anything the FIA could do.

F1 is such a juggernaut now that, from their perspective, they don't need to worry about clashing with anything.
F1 has (almost) always been the big swinger, but they're riding the crest of a wave at the moment. They haven't really worried about clashing at all, for better and for worse. Hopefully, the manufacturer crossover (and the subsequent appeal to exposure) will sway things towards a free Le Mans weekend.

On topic, out of ~36 available racing weekends, a 23-race series and a 7-8 race series are going to do very well to avoid even a specific date clash. I actually think Canada and LM on the same weekend was a decent compromise, as the races themselves did not overlap.

Besides, one of my favourite weekends of motorsport was LM/Canada 2011 - the closest racing finish in history and an all-time great drive from the back to victory.