View Single Post
Old 15 Jun 2022, 08:28 (Ref:4115690)   #15
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I think we should hopefully get the number of hypercars into double figures. There’s enough noises from manufacturers to suggest this

Speaking for 2023 I think reaching double figures is all about on what glickenhaus is going to do, 8 cars entries are quite solid (ferrari, peugeot, toyota and porsche).

+ 1 WEC car by cadillac according to actual GM statement and to me it's unlikely to see a second one considering they should deliver it from detroit to france to then bring it back to USA for WG, taking risk of that car getting damaged or written off during the race. A second cadillac I can see it happen only if dallara would produce one or two extra chassis for 2023.

Third car for ferrari, peugeot and toyota is too early, only toyota has shown a little interest for a third car to let ogier running at LM. In my opinion we won't see third cars at all because of cost saving policy and most important because none of them will give a car full of confidential technologies to a private team, even if officially backed.

During barcelona tests porsche stated that they didn't decide yet if they're going to bring or not IMSA cars to LM as well, but at the same time they also stated that having more than 2 cars wasn't exactly their priority, and just like cadillac, I see it unlikely for the same logistical reasons.

The only one left is glickenhaus, but unlike 2021 and 2022, next year will be quite harder for them getting a chance to the podium, his involvment in 2023 LM is basically impossible to predict at the moment.

The rumored BMW WRT seems like a 2024 program.

So, my 2023 prediction

(solid entries)
2x ferrari
2x peugeot
2x WEC porsche penske
2x toyota
1x WEC cadillac cgr

(potential but unconfirmed entries)
1-2x glickenhaus

(unlikely entries)
+1x IMSA cadillac cgr
+2x IMSA porsche penske