View Single Post
Old 26 Apr 2004, 20:01 (Ref:952696)   #4
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I love Pooks comment: "Our fans are very sophisticated, and they love Champ Cars. I don't think they would turn out to watch those IRL cars"

Cmon, how sophisticated do you have to be to watch what has become a spec series anyway? With 3 engine manufacturers and two competitive chassis, I'd say the IRL cars are far more sophisticated these days. Besides, could they possibly put on a more boring race than CC just did?

Back on topic, I'm not sure I want the IRL to get LB. It has a great history and all and draws big numbers, but its hardly ever a good race. The IRL is known for its close racing and finishes, and I think that should carry over to road courses that can make that happen. Also, the comparisons to CC would be endless, as the other crowd would just belittle and berate the IndyCars, no matter how they performed.

I'm sure Toyota and the dealerships that sponsor this race want the IRL to be there, so I believe they will be a main player in the future negotiations.

Danica Patrick