View Single Post
Old 8 May 2019, 07:48 (Ref:3902561)   #2093
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damian Baldi View Post
I been doing a review of the 2018 races in youtube and with the results page, because I forgot most of the action. At the Prologue all the private teams were in a single second, that was without the EoT? Or all the cars were slow or sandbaging?

The season started with very immature cars from all private teams. If you review the first hour of the races, there are great battles between SMP and Rebellion in all tracks. Sometimes the car of DragonSpeed is part too, and even ByKolles in some crazy races as Fuji. But in general all cars had problems. Rebellion with electronic problems, team errors or driver's mistakes, SMP and DragonSpeed with gearbox problems, and wheel nut problems, and ByKolles being ByKolles with few moments of some speed.

After Le Mans, the cars become better and better and the Rebellion - SMP fight is noticiable. I think DragonSpeed focused more on the P2 and Indycar and lost their attention to the P1 (at least in 2019).

Without the fuel flow limit per lap since Spa, I think Le Mans will be great for the private teams, at least in theory they could fight each other with less mechacial/electronic problems.

EDIT: I forgot to comment about the new front tyres for the non-hybrid cars. It's another plus for their current performance.

Actually, according to eot spa sheet,
https://www.fia.com/events/world-end...ance-committee
(fourth file from the bottom)

private lmp1 are still sticking to 115kg/h max petrol flow, the unlimited value is the max petrol energy per lap, that leads me to think that:
1. private lmp1's received a spec better petrol (so far petrol was the same for everyone and supplied by shell)
2. like f1, private lmp1's are free to choice a different supplier and to use the kind of petrol they wish

BTW, if am I not wrong, new private spec michelin have not been used at spa because unanimity wasn't reached among teams