Thread: WEC WEC 2021 season
View Single Post
Old 14 Dec 2019, 20:09 (Ref:3946747)   #33
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
I don't know if 2020 will be the best chance for distance record, especially with Toyota not having to push, but it will surely be the last chance for a long time. I doubt future slower cars will equal fewer accidents either.
If Ginetta get on top of their car and Rebellion continue their progress, Toyota will have to push. I don't know what the lap times will be, but I know Ginetta will set records in the straight line speed respect. There's no success penalties there so it will be about pure speed of the car.

I'm looking forward to how fast the new cars will actually be. Total power is now going to be closer to 800hp. I hope for some revisions in the rules to things like weight but there is hope that we'll have unique cars. FAST cars too especially with the power they produce and the free aero on things like the floor and diffuser. While I doubt extreme machines like the FWD Nissan will be seen, I think we're going to see some mixed solutions. With the relaxing of regs associated to cars produced for the road, I think actual hypercars for the street will be produced based on the new cars.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willmaz223 View Post
So I assume the Hypercars will be racing next year.

What cars are confirmed to be racing as struggling to see any apart from Aston Martin at the moment. More of a casual fan of WEC. All very hazy.
Aston Valkyrie, Toyota (hypersport?), Glickenhaus... maybe a ByKolles (doubtful imo)