View Single Post
Old 9 Jun 2011, 22:20 (Ref:2894777)   #172
AGD
Veteran

AGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
Corvette interest.
I wonder if they are looking to place a car with a privateer team again? Or are they interested in running a factory WEC program?

The pace of the Larbre Corvette has been really disappointing so far this year. I wonder if P&M are giving Larbre everything they need to run that car 100%. Anyway, it sounds like GTE-Am teams won't score points toward the GTE manafactuers cup anyway next year. Corvette will need a Pro team (maybe themselves) if they want to win that. I know it says that any potential WEC team would work with the current program, but I hope it does not jeopardize their ALMS involvement.

Quote:
Drivers’ and Manufacturers’ World Championships will be given in LMP1, while GTE-Pro sees a Manufacturer's World Cup. The FIA LMP2 and GTE-Am trophies will be up for grabs for the highest-ranked team in each respective class, while the best privateer team, open to all categories, will be given the FIA Trophy.
Interesting. So only LMP2 and GTE-Am have team championships. I guess that makes some sense. I wonder how the FIA Trophy will work. Are they going to award it to the team who has the most points in all the categories? Obviously, LMP1 privateer teams are going to be at a disadvantage if that is the case as they won't score as many overall points in their class.