View Single Post
Old 20 Jun 2006, 10:14 (Ref:1637602)   #20
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by neiltbag
Who saw Henri Pescarolo deep in conversation with Norbert Singer? They're good friends apparently. Henri wants to win, and might be desperate enough to run a Porsche...
Running a customer RS Spyder might not be the most unlikely outside bet. Pescarolo have shown they know how to get complex machinery to the finish (a distinct issue with the RS Spyder), already use a Porsche factory driver in Manu Collard, Henri's won with Porsche before (in 84 with Klaus Ludwig in the Joest 956), and I'd like to think they could get a degree of factory backing for a European campaign.

As I say, I'd see this as an outside bet. I think the most likely is he'll manage to get the finance to buy a replacement tub (KWM perhaps - they'll have to produce a few for Creation, ProTran etc, and it only needs to pass the crash test once) and hang a body not entirely dissimilar to this year's C60 (with the obvious rollhoop modification) on it and yet again play the role of harrying Audi in LMP1. He's done so much work developing the C60 that I can't see him wanting to start completely from scratch. Looking further down the road I'd love to see it with a customer Peugeot diesel in it, but I really don't see this as being on the cards for next year.