View Single Post
Old 3 May 2020, 13:36 (Ref:3974254)   #57
Juarez Jed
Veteran

Juarez Jed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJuarez Jed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvl_x19 View Post
Yep, originally it was a Group N+, but the cars were always log booked as Sports Sedans. That went out the window somewhere around the time Jim Richards raced the Javelin in a spec that not only didn't race, but never existed.

The original justification for TCM (apart from allowing advertising) was supposedly that GpN was too expensive because the cars had to be historically accurate and it would be cheaper to source parts off the shelf.
Allowing an AMC vehicle to run a Dodge Nascar motor because there was no economical way to built up an AMC these days was in retrospect true to that original concept of modern retro looking cars using crate parts.
Far from being offended by the cost of the new Tru-Blu, I just find it ironic that it cost more than a front-running modern touring car. Obviously being a one-off build that had to be a front runner took a lot of time and money. People have spent much more on historic touring car vehicles I know but they at least have historical provenance.
This is a category that is allowing Capris to run Chevs in order to keep the costs down, so cars like the new Tru-Blu send the opposite message to those hoping to get in and compete.
But good luck to them, I have no dog in the fight.