View Single Post
Old 7 Aug 2021, 01:35 (Ref:4065700)   #24
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by WyldStallion View Post
State of series has just a few major points:

1. Back to a schedule that looks a lot like 2019. A good thing I think. Lime Rock and VIR retain all GT status. Double goodies.
2. GTD Pro and GTD Am will work under same BoP.
3. Single Qualifying GTD session. Grid set on overall lap time. If by a miracle a silver or bronze driver is the fastest qualifier over the GTD Pro cars, they get to start the race first.

Guessing sporting regs comes after the 2021 season ends. I have my wishes but that can be discussed on the "Sportscar/Endurance sporting regulations" thread on the main Sportscar & GT Racing page.
All of that sounds surprisingly sensible. I remember in the old GT2 days a considerable portion of the class was rather Pro Am. They usually didn't compete for class wins, but since they were the same cars they could get in the mix while the hot shoes were driving. The new look GTD seems similar, but with an extra trophy for the Am cars.