View Single Post
Old 8 Jun 2021, 17:18 (Ref:4055330)   #37
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissClarrpz View Post
I'm not disappointed with Supercar numbers because pretty much all of them can fight for wins. Would much rather that than 16+ cars but only 3 going for wins. I wouldn't be surprised to see double digit entries for Supercars throughout the season including some STARDs
Yeah. I meant to elaborate on that in my previous post, but I agree. Of the Supercars that lined up at Lydden at least half are realistic challengers for the Championship this year. Like you say definitely better to have that then loads of cars and only one or two fighting for the win.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissClarrpz View Post
The Mini All4s weren't really ready to go racing. They had reduced power and still have nearly all the original bodywork. So they'll get lighter and more powerful, maybe having a public test session wasn't the way to go. They should be able to produce the power of an rx2 car for much cheaper. It's a jump up of cost from regular minis but nothing else is that cheap and that fast (once they get quicker). Next cheapest would be Rx150.
I am not convinced about the RX2 comparison, but look forward to being proven wrong! The one potential positive I can see with them is that they could provide a balanced production(ish) 4x4 class, something I don't think the BTRDA have managed to nail yet.

If the £25K figure I read on Facebook (which I admit is far from the most accurate source of information!) is correct, then they are already more expensive than an RX150, aren't they?

As said previous it is probably unfair too draw any conclusions this early.