View Single Post
Old 22 Apr 2024, 13:42 (Ref:4206055)   #57
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
Richard, here is the list of Stewards' documents for the race: https://www.fia.com/documents/champi...ason-2024-2043

Basically, Ricciardo was overtaken by Hulkenburg prior to the reverse overtake by Ricciardo; however the initial pass was permitted under a certain rule, which meant that Ricciado's perceived taking back his place was not permitted. Hope you can understand my explanation.
Yes thanks. I looked at the Stewards decision and it calls out that Hulkenburg was able to pass due to Article 55.8 which lists a number of scenarios. It would be interesting to know which one it was. Between Stroll, Sargeant and Ricciardo, it seem Ricciardo got the worst of it. Stroll and Sargeant already had ruined or poor races and the penalties effectively didn't mean much. With Ricciardo having retired, the penalty carried over to next race and that three grid penality is a big hit.

The Sargeant decision called out that he didn't give the position back. So it seems it could have been un-done without penalty. I wonder if the team knew of the issue as it happened and might have been able to call out to Sargeant to immediately give the position back? As Sargeant called out in the article I posted he thought he was ahead and given the speed differentials and that scenario it would have been hard to determine who was ahead if it was close. And similar comment for Ricciardo. I personally am surprised that he just decided to overtake without confirming with the team that it was OK to do so.

Richard