Thread: WEC 2015 WEC Discussion
View Single Post
Old 19 Aug 2014, 15:30 (Ref:3445434)   #66
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandemonium View Post
This is nonsense!!!. I donĀ“t think the drivers nor the FIA/ACO would want to race at ugly indy. No way. Montreal is the last news we had of any circuit additions. Cota is great as it is!!!. The teams love the esses at COTA.
And that's about it I guess (maybe the downtown Austin nightlife and atmosphere as well but they might be too short in town to really enjoy all of that).

I don't see the problem with Indy - from an organizing point of view - Indianapolis is a magical name in racing (nobody in the PR department will emphasize the crappy roval track lay-out as opposed to the famous oval and the great heritage of the Indy 500), it's one of the racing capitals in the US, it's (relatively) close to Montreal (if that race will come to fruition as well), the brickyard can accommodate lots of spectators (who might show up if properly promoted and all) and IMS might be willing to make a better deal than CotA does.

IF the race gets scheduled in between two Tudor weekends when IMSA is in town for their North-East portion of the season in July/August, it'll provide N-A teams a similar opportunity to join the race(s) as CotA does this year (or have them run the NAEC in Tudor and do a (partial) WEC program or whatever).
Edit: the weekend after VIR at the end of August would be a good option, possibly followed by the second weekend of September for the second N-A race.

Last edited by Coach Ep; 19 Aug 2014 at 15:57.