View Single Post
Old 10 May 2023, 13:33 (Ref:4155387)   #9
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
We are in T11 Wimille for the second time this year. Feels like a fairly random grandstand but it's right at pit-out. You get the full sweep up into T1 in front of you and a big screen. It's the one Hanson's car ended up in the gravel in front of last year.

Spent a bit of time in there during the quieter half-COVID race week in '21 and thought we'd give it a crack after many years in T23 Ford Chicane.

It's good to have a screen, especially as we'll normally do 4+ hours in there at the start to just get the thread of the race. Being around the pitlane is good for understanding the strategy etc. You're too far away to get any of the start line atmos (was the same with T23 to be fair apart from the dudes drop out of the chopper with the flag). Also not great for panning pics. But for sure more space than T23 as Ayse says. I do have fond memories of that T23 tribune despite its faults. And there's nowhere I'd rather be for Hyperpole I reckon. You can really see which cars are on it through the final corners.

Might try somewhere else next year, but who knows how hard it'll be to snag seats.