View Single Post
Old 25 Mar 2016, 20:50 (Ref:3627287)   #1646
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
According to FIA track homologation standards, but not according to available space. If they still want parc ferme + pit buildings + paddock space in the area they have available, trust me, they've been crowded enough already and 60 cars would be just about on the limit. Last year the support paddocks were actually in awnings next to the karting track and also partially occupying the Maison Blanche campsite. There is literally no more room in the current location of the pitlane/paddock.
Yeah, I see the pit/paddock implementation plan every year and it's squeezed in pretty tight indeed (nothing like the luxury spaces everywhere else in F1 tracks), however didn't everyone say same about the upcoming 60 though, yet they still managed to carve in those 4? They could extend it from the start and move the pit road a bit.

Anyway, I'm still extremely glad they managed to extend it to 60 even if the capacity could be pushed, much more than a decade ago.