View Single Post
Old 26 Mar 2016, 08:19 (Ref:3627412)   #1647
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Yeah, I see the pit/paddock implementation plan every year and it's squeezed in pretty tight indeed (nothing like the luxury spaces everywhere else in F1 tracks), however didn't everyone say same about the upcoming 60 though, yet they still managed to carve in those 4? They could extend it from the start and move the pit road a bit.
1: To the north of the paddock is a huge difference in level and a set of stairs to climb from the paddock to the Village. Extending the pitlane any further to the north would mean some serious and very long-running demolition/reconstruction work.

2: To the south - there's an open space that used to be a parking lot, but now they're repurposing it as parc ferme. Plus there's the small matter of the Race Control building + TV compound + south end of the Bugatti circuit to consider.

Sadly I won't be there this year to see what it's like, but I can bet the paddock this year will be squeezed to the brim. Any possible further expansions would probably entail construction work that will keep the circuit closed for over a year.