View Single Post
Old 28 Feb 2023, 19:32 (Ref:4145302)   #12
cg7aa
Veteran

cg7aa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by justracing View Post
Unless the rule makers find some way of pegging back the Ducatis I can see interest waning which would be a great shame as the grids in both categories are very strong.
I caught up on all the action last night. Supersport race 1 was probably the highlight for me. Regarding the big class, I've learned not to read too much into the results from Philip Island. It's a fabulous place obviously but can produce some unrepresentative results. We'll have to wait and see what unfolds in Indonesia this weekend, but yes, Alvaro and Ducati were very strong indeed last weekend.

Does anyone know if the various 'performance balancing' parameters like revs and so on are made public? Given the trend from last season, I would be interested to see if the non-Ducatis have been given any breaks. I'm not sure it would be a good look if the status quo was simply maintained, there'll be a lot of frustrated souls in the paddock if that's the case. Also, I hear Scott Smart is no longer in his technical role, does anybody know why? Moving on to bigger, better things or forced out?

Anyway, what an aweful weekend for Sykes. He might as well have stayed home. Jeez! I fear Van der Mark might never reach the heights he reached a couple of years ago, too many injuries and he continues to crash. I thought the newcomers acquited themselves well too.