View Single Post
Old 29 Dec 2005, 19:18 (Ref:1491572)   #32
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger
If they come to Holland you can expect a huge crowd i think (count in 30 Drinking for Holland-members), as I'm sure Spyker and Racing for Holland will join.

Silverstone was IMHO a spectator disaster. Because the race was on a saturday many europeans decided not to go (we left on saturday morning to arrive just before the LMES race start) and the weather was so bad many Brits decided to stay at home or in the pub.

Let's just hope Donington will have more luck.

What also helps is a nice support package during the weekend. And I don't mean a Porsche Cup Challenge or Formula Palmer Audi.
I do think a race in Holland and/or at Brno would do wonders for the series. If it's not viable to do both in one year, then have one of the 5 rounds alternating around Europe each year!? A series is nothing without a good fanbase.

Silverstone - the weather put most people off, coupled with Silverstone's reluctance to open up some of the grandstands and their organisation etc. - I think Donington with some Audi support will go down so much better.

Support races - I think the Silverstone event has some great support - I thought CER was wonderful to see despite the lack of entries, and a sportscar event doesn't come much better supported than a country's national GT championship! we had a full sunday of national racing - I think that's a good thing, personally!