Thread: WEC WEC 2019/20 season
View Single Post
Old 15 Sep 2020, 19:38 (Ref:4002678)   #1017
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by canaglia View Post
Watched 2011 petit le mans and actually was a mess of race.
Btw that "oval" bahrain layout has a much higher average speed than RA... you would see lmp cars dodging slower gte cars on straight for the whole race. Funny fact, sakhir circuit has a longer layout called "endurance" that was actually used only once for 2010 f1 gp
It was a great race, the only true traffic-related mess I really remember was the R18 crash when it was squeezed between 908 and Cup Porsche but even that could've happened elsewhere

Dodging much slower cars on straights is easier than in corners, generally. The stupid sprint race success penalties have made the P1s slow on straights that's true but there should be only 3 P1s at that race anyway

The 2010 endurance layout was even more boring than the standard Bahrain circuit, if even possible. At least the outer rim is something different and not a generic Tilkeboredom. I'm looking forward to that GP, which is something I don't think I've ever said of any event held at Bahrain. I mean it's still Bahrain with gigantic carparks and boring scenery, it's certainly no Mugello we saw the last weekend, but the layout is fresh and speedy. Pure high speed tracks are bit of dying breed

Last edited by Deleted; 15 Sep 2020 at 19:43.