Old 26 Mar 2006, 01:45 (Ref:1560721)   #71
Ronbo
Rookie

United States
Pacific NW, very north and very west!
Ronbo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by DefntlyDiffrnt
Did anyone listen to Tony's press conference? They played portions of it after Qualies on the webcast. Anyway, sounded like it was going to happen just a matter of when and how to do it.

That's sounding like pretty serious talks to me. Damn serious in fact.
Did you read this Indycool? You can't believe that Autoweek article, can you. You can't believe RM, you don't believe what he has to say, and we all know that we cant believe tg. So this press conference has to be wrong too!
Looks to me like everyone except tg was right, so far. Well, I guess he was right half of the time.

As for the merger, 07 would be the right time to move ahead with it, but if tg still wants to run things, like the several merger attemps in the past, it will never happen.
The irl needs CC more than CC needs the irl. It's just that simple. And if anything ever happens to Danika, it's over. Sooner than later.

I see the real problems being the contracts with tracks and promoters. The DP01, and the Cosworth are no problem. The DP01 might be a point of contention if the irl people demand N/A motors. Honda might be a problem, if they want too much control. They helped ruin CC and now they and Toyo have done it to the irl. CC does not need them at all. The money they bring would be welcome, but not at the expense of the series. CC is doing fine without Honda. Uncontrolled spending and escallating costs that having Honda in the mix bring, just are not worth it.

Maybe tg has finally seen that his vision has not worked. If that is true, then this might have a chance. If not, fuggetaboutit!!