Old 26 Mar 2006, 05:51 (Ref:1560801)   #73
Ronbo
Rookie

United States
Pacific NW, very north and very west!
Ronbo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by indycool
Ronbo, guess you can hurl insults and inaccuracies all over this board regarding and attacking TG and the IRL and it's apparently cool with the mods. If anyone even twitches about CC on the CC board, someone kills a thread or you get a PM and I believe that's just blatantly unfair.

If you'll look at the CC board, where this talk first resurfaced, you will see that I posted links to many articles that have run in the last couple of days on the subject.

You are just in the mode that everything that happens is TG's fault. We don't KNOW what the Penske initiative was in June of '04 that was rebuffed by CC management in 20 minutes on Penske's plane in the Detroit airport. We don't KNOW who has rejected what in previous merger discussions.

The IRL DOES NOT need CC. It's in better shape than CC. It has more cars, a TV contract and the Indianapolis 500 to start with. Kalkhoven is actually the one who has changed his tune about merger, from bringing a hammer to the podium for effect at the '04 awards banquet and calling it the Injury Racing League to him publicly saying, "we're talking. It'd be best to leave Tony and I alone."

It will NOT be TG's fault if they don'tmerge for '07. Both KK and TG have said this one's going to take awhile and don't discount '07 but say it's doubtful.

And here's Penske's take:

http://www.forbes.com/home/feeds/ap/...ap2621678.html
Sorry that you won't beleive what is out there. Penske tried a merger. Mario tried to talk merger, Rahal tried. tg wanted total control, and that is why they all failed. I don't know what is different this time, but KK did not change his mind. Obviously, tg has had a change of heart.
And yes KK did say those things. He NEVER denied saying them, because he said them. Every one! But find a quote where he denied saying it. You can't.
tg went from denying that he was doing anything but being social, to announcing that they are working on a merger, and posting an article on his website. It can't be both. It Can't. So either he was not telling the truth first, or not telling it now. Thats all I am saying. KK never said that. He said to leave them alone, but he didn't deny it. That's all I am saying. tg has a proven record of denial. There is no such thing as a little white lie. Either it's the truth, or it's not.

As for hurling insults and inaccuracies, that is just your opinion.

Nothing more.

The evidence shows that I am not innacurate at all. But thats ok. I can live with it. As for insults, who did I insult? If I ever insulted you, I appologize. Never meant to.

As for CC needing the irl? Are you kidding? The irl has a tv contract, because they have the 500. No other reason. The irl dropped what, 3 races this year? CC has added races. The irl lost both Chevy and Toyota. Teams are running on funding from tg. And I am not talking about his team. 33 looks like a pipe dream. The "Month" of May has been whittled down to 2 weeks. If it were not for teams like Rahal entering 6 cars into the 500, the field would not even be close to full, but remember tg said that 33 is only a number. Who was it, Hemmelgarn, who auctioned off their stuff on ebay? The irl cars are 5+ years old, with no new equiptment on the horizon.

CC on the other hand, is expanding. They look to have more than 30 entries for their feeder series, with brand new cars, in Long Beach. In fact, the last time I looked, they have sold 41 cars or more. It was not until this weekend, anyone even knew if there would be a IPS. And if the rumor mill is to be believed at all, it appears that Rahal, Ganassi, and possibly Penske, will return to CC in '07. If that happens, then the irl is done.
As for 2007, with the new chassis and all teams being on a level playing field, and if the Atlantic car sales are any indication at all, 2007 will be a huge year for CC. KK is on his 5 year plan, and this is the beginning of year 3. KK has done more in 2 full years, than tg has done in 10. If that is insulting,......?? Oh, well?