View Single Post
Old 27 Jan 2010, 12:37 (Ref:2620301)   #17
MG Rover Sport
Veteran

England
MG Rover Sport should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cracking subject for a thread 'peespeed'! I told you I'd pop in and contribute my thoughts. Here's what I stated elsewhere regarding Dermot Carnegie's cars...

Dermot's original rallycross car was indeed the ex-works C97 KOG (Wilson 1986 Scottish / Duez 1986 Hunsruck / Wilson 1986 Mantta) which he acquired from Fred Patterson in December 1988.

As far as I can tell, his debut event in the car was the Mondello Park Rallysprint in January 1989, and his last event in this car was Rd 4 of the British Rallycross C'ship at Mondello Park in March 1992.

The car was then stripped and rebuilt into a blue rolling shell - which I gather was the ex-Barry Hathaway / John Hay rallycross car - and became Dermot's 2nd rallycross car and was debuted at the Mondelo Park ERC round in June 1992. This car was later sold to Fred Patterson / Peter Faulkener / John Maloney.

The original shell from C97 KOG had been left stripped / untouched for almost 18 years, but has recently been purchased with the intention of rebuilding it to it's former 1986 works specification.

Hope that helps - I'll work through some of the other cars shortly, once I've had a chance to 'take in' everybody's comments...