View Single Post
Old 18 Jun 2020, 23:05 (Ref:3982729)   #53
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
Serious question. What does buying equity in an F1 team get you. For those who are trying to place a relative into the car, I get that. But otherwise, why do it? Especially if it is a minority share.

Richard
Toto & Lauda have made it work but on the surface it doesn't seem to make sense. I still have a gut feeling that Zak Brown would attempt to do a management buy out if things go totally pear shaped. McLaren as a group have borrowed money at ludicrous interest rates according to some media commentary so the pain has yet to really hot them and the end result is not if they go down but when. When money is borrowed at stupidly high interest rates then there is only one reason and that is desperation and it never ends well. I would not be surprised to see the end result of whatever is going to happen within a few months and possibly not that long. It might be to Mercedes advantage to help salvage the F1 team which sort of gels with a management buy out.